Sweet time with cousins this past weekend!
As I write this I am sitting at my desk with the windows open and the most amazing breeze is trickling in. It's July 13th and I have only used our air conditioner a couple times so far this summer. The temperature in our house stays nice and comfortable in the summer because we have so many shady trees that act like a giant beach umbrella to keep things cool. And I will admit that my tolerance for heat is a lot higher than a normal person. I live for this time of year when I don't have goosebumps 24 hours a day. Glory.
I feel like my head and heart are really full right now. I'm processing a lot of tough, not-so-fun things in my head, but I'm simultaneously feeling so much fullness and happiness in my heart. It's one of those bittersweet seasons where nothing at all is perfect, but it still feels so good and right and joyful. I like this place.
A few things I'm loving right now:
- Sweet nectarines
- Watching cousins play together and make memories
- Afternoons at the pool
- Goat cheese on pretzel crisps (can't stop, won't stop)
- Summer dresses with wedge sandals
- Eating dinner outside on the deck every night
- Having tan legs
- My worn in cut-off jean shorts
- Seeing my kids get their summer freckles
- The smell of freshly cut summertime grass (always makes me think of my Daddy)
- HGTV binge watching on Saturdays
- Aerie pajamas
- Psalm 139:1-12 "You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me..."
- Daily text convos with friends who live too far away
- Sam Hunt's Album, Montevallo