New Business Cards + Tips for Designing your Own
Thursday, August 29, 2013
In anticipation of The Influence Conference next month, I was excited to design some new business cards to hand out to my fellow bloggers!
I designed them myself and then used Vistaprint.com for printing and I'm very happy with the way they turned out.
A couple things I think are important for a Blogger Business Card:
1. Keep it Simple // No need to include every link to every social media outlet. Most people can find you if you at least include the name of your blog and twitter handle. I am drawn to quick and easy-to-read designs.
2. Keep it Consistent // Whatever colors and branding you have on your blog, you want to carry that over to your business card design. You'll be surprised how many people will immediately make a connection to your blog after just glancing at your business card because they already recognize your branding.
3. Include Your Photo // I'm a big fan of this. If you're attending a blogging conference, you want people to remember your face and then visit your blog when they get home. It's a nice friendly feature to include.
4. Include coupon codes or special offers // I love receiving a business card that includes an exclusive discount of some kind! It's a great way to build community, loyalty, and a good first impression to your shop or brand.
5. Don't order too many // I think a run of 150 - 250 cards is more than enough for an event like this. I have plans to expand my site and brand in the future so I don't want to order too many cards now knowing that I'll have evolving information as my brand evolves.
The photo of me that appears on the card was taken by my talented friend, Jamye Doerfler.