A few things I want to remember about this guy when he's 18 and I'm dropping him off at college crying my eyes out and thinking back to when he was 3 years old and I had him all to myself and could hold him whenever I wanted and he loved me more than anything.
1. If you wink at him he will smile and then blink back at you.
2. He wants to be Superman (the old school Christopher Reeve version) and if you play the Superman Movie Theme Song for him, he will "sing" the whole tune for you while posing in his take flight position.
3. He always asks to hold hands when we pray before dinner.
4. He adores working outside with his Daddy on the weekends.... lawn care, working on the cars, cleaning out the garage, or using tools of any kind. He has a specific pair of little wind pants that he wears and calls his "workin pants".
5. I want to burn into my brain forever the way he looks in the morning when he first wakes up. Those sleepy eyes, sweet red cheeks, and crazy bedhead. The first thing he does is gives me a big smile and silently walks into my arms for his morning cuddle and kiss. Then he says, "How did you sweep mommy?"